Saturday 29 September 2012

DOUBLE BUN BRAIDS TUTORIAL

Hi guys, I got a couple request to do a pictorial on how I style my braids. I'm not a professional and I've learnt this by trial and error and watching youtube videos. For as long as I have my braids, I'll continue to do these pictorials maybe every weekend. Excuse my ratchet looks, period pimples are the worst! You will need a hair band or something to pack your hair and some bobby pins. As a girl, you should know where to get these things.
STEP 1: Pack your hair into a ponytail (high or low; your choice) but make sure to leave a little portion of braids in the center of the front (preferably)
STEP 2: Take an average portion of your ponytail and twist till the end
STEP 3: Take that twisted bit and wrap it round the rest of your ponytail. Tuck the tails in or secure it with a bobby pin if your like. (I just tucked it though)
STEP 4: Repeat step 2 & 3. (i.e take another average portion, twist and wrap round the braids)
STEP 5: Take the rest of the ponytail and wrap it round the twisted bits till you achieve the picture above. You can secure this with a bobby pin if you like (I still haven't used my bobby pins yet)
Time to deal with the left out hair in front
STEP 6: Part the left out hair into two equal parts or semi-equal parts
STEP 7: Twist the left out bit to the tips
STEP 8: Roll the twisted bit to the side of your hair you like (left or right, doesn't matter) TWICE and hold this bun with your hand to secure it
STEP 9: If you can't hold this part, secure it with bobby pins and tuck the tail/tip of the braids into the larger bun at the back that was earlier created. You MUST secure this with a bobby pin or another headband.
It should look something like this when it's done. I really hope this was helpful.

Have a wonderful weekend

"The closer you get to your goal, the more you'll be tempted to compromise. Satan doesn't want to stop you. He wants to own you - Hart Ramsey"

Lots of love,

9 yorum:

  1. wheew! finally found a way to style my hair to chirch tommorow.. Thanks Tomi!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this post. I have the same waist length braids and I never know what to do with it :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your blog, its unique and nice pictures too. Am following you, please me back @ www.doreen-faith.blogspot.com. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post and blog! (;
    Maybe u wanna follow each other?
    Let me know when You've followed me and I'll follow back. ♥

    Love, Jackffy
    jackffy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post!!!!!! you are so cuteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee..... i love it

    kisses

    http://afrovaidosas.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice.just had braids done so this is an interesting piece for me.
    http://styleexplicit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. aaah looove it....ima def style my waist length braids like that

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you're taking the time out to comment. It really does put a smile on my face ♥