Sunday 24 March 2013

My RICE Experience...
















It's been a cold weekend here in Braddy-town. Non-stop snow from friday to saturday. For the past one month, I haven't had any appetite hence losing a considerable amount of weight and having dull skin. (Who knew your skin was affected by your appetite as well?) Anyways, I realised my appetite was coming back again and I planned to go to town on friday to stock up on food but due to the snow, I stayed home and tried to order pizza but they weren't delivering. So I went to bed hungry (I might have even shed a few tears. Lol). I woke up on saturday determined that it didn't matter how heavy the snow was, I was gonna go to town. And I set off with a list of ingredients for jollof & fried rice. Spent a couple of hours out in the cold holding way too many bags. I got home and started the process only to realise I forgot one vital ingredient - THE RICE. I contemplated just making pasta since I had a bit of that but I was like No, I want rice. So I braved the cold again for the 2nd time in one day and I got rice.


First of all, I've never been so excited to buy rice before. Secondly, it made me realise that we don't get results from convenience. If you want something so badly, you're gonna have to step out of your comfort zone to get it. Sometimes you're gonna have to brave the stormy weather, the voice in your head, the discouraging words of others and just do it. Sometimes you're gonna have to give yourself a little slap on the face to catapult you into the right frame of mind to achieve that which you want so badly. So the real question is how badly do you want it?

I was going through my blog reading list when I saw this lovely dress on Cyn's blog.  (I stalk her blog) and I was blown away. It was just too gorgeous. I had seen it on asos a couple of times but never really paid attention to it 'cause wiggle dresses are not really my thing. However, after seeing Cyn rock it, I ordered it straightaway (it helped that asos was doing 25% off for students). The dress came in other prints and I decided I would get ankara and sew it in other prints. Dresses like this need to be replicated. I picked this print due to the modern yet retro vibe to it. I figured if I cannot get out of my environment for a little holiday, I might as well dress like I'm on a little holiday. Don't you just love getting inspiration from other bloggers? (I know I do.) Check out Cyn's look here

GET IT HERE
Asos dress (Similar here and here) // Bradford market clutch // Asos round glasses // Topshop neutral colour block sandals

"It only takes a little amount of yeast to permeate an entire loaf of bread. You call it a little sin? It's building roots in your life. Cut it off"


Lots of love,


37 yorum:

  1. Yup, sometimes to achieve success you need to step out of your comfort zone no matter how incovenient it can be. Lovely dress, you look great. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. "we don't get results from convenience". GBAM!. You look fab hun! the dress is lovely.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so beautiful and confident, i seem to remember that bag from a yt video ("don't know what rf means")? LOL. and those glasses suit you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. saw Cyn rock this dress and I loved it!
    Seeing it on you just makes me love the dress even more!!..You look super gorgeous!
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. i loove the dress. its so colourful and pretty

    www.beneathmybeautiful.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the dress, and your hair looks lovely like that! x

    www.allthingsleaf.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw tat dress on Cyn's blog and I was in awe! It is just beautiful! She rocked it and you definitely killed it too! It looks amazing on you <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE your dress and style!! :)

    With Love,
    Ashley
    AsassyWoman.Com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I saw that dress too on Cyn's blog and I was in awe! It's such a beautiful dress, she rocked it and you killed it as well! Love it on you <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. I saw the dress on Cyn's blog as well. This dress does wonders to your shape. The juxtaposition of the vertical and horizontal stripes really flatters the body. Love the color on you and how you styled it so simple yet chic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love ur outfit. Really nice,you look lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  12. you're gorgeous :)
    http://inyasuniverse.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the outfit! i'm now following her blog :)
    The 'rice' story makes so much sense.

    ReplyDelete
  14. everything from the sunglasses to the dress to the handbag and the shoes are to die for in this post!!
    http://karimimbogo.blogspot.com/2013/03/i-need-to-learn-to-stop-talking-until.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. Heya Tomi, u look awesome, thanks for the shoutout- mucho appreciated. It is a HOTTT dress.

    ReplyDelete
  16. look how amazing you look in that dress!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's such goregous dress!..You look stunning! x

    ReplyDelete
  18. I really really like your dress. And the shoes are too gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely dress!!!

    Roni
    www.styleandpoise.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. saw our outfit on bki ...i love it you look beautiful. everything is perfect.

    http://tiwistlye.blogspot.sg/

    ReplyDelete
  21. that dress fits you like a GLOVE. my goodness you are gorgeous. love love love this post chica

    much love from NYC

    http://dryycleanonly.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. you look amazing..love that outfit.

    www.diaryofarockprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. great style! love the bag and the dress <3

    fantasyfashioned.blogspot.de
    xx ♥

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fine fine girl!!! I have been eyeing this dress on asos but unless it goes on Sale, it ain't happening! lol
    It looks great on you...my future sister-in-law!! LMAOOO
    P.S> I see you on fashion blogs, doing big things! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. The dress looks stunning on you. I definitely like that the style of your hair and the shades you rocked blended well. nice story and great style post

    ReplyDelete
  26. You rock that dress perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  27. The stripes are the fashion trends of the summer.
    The dress is very cool.
    kisses,
    marti
    Glamour Marmalade
    Instagram
    Twitter

    ReplyDelete
  28. That's one lovely dress, love your make up as well!xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love your dress! The colors are striking!!!!!!
    *Besos*
    http://www.cmichellestyles.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. That dress is amazing. Perfect color. Would you like to follow each other via bloglovin? Have a nice day.

    http://www.fashiondenis.com/

    ReplyDelete
  31. great post!! i love this dress and you look beautiful in it! hi dear! I just found your blog and I love it..you have awesome sense of style would you be interested in following each other via GFC and Bloglovin?
    let me know I always return the follow
    http://signaturechic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  32. So stunning love ur figure! Love ur blog and ur words just encouraged me to go do something outside thanksa lot for inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  33. You look great in this dress, I've been seeing it on asos but don't think I can pull it off like you.

    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. OMG!That dress is everthing and more.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love this dress! Super gorge. And the glasses too!

    ReplyDelete
  36. All I have to say is: "The fit of this dress is just.....LOVELY"

    Myveryownpen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you're taking the time out to comment. It really does put a smile on my face ♥