Saturday 12 July 2014

BLOOMING SEASON









 I love this plant opposite my house. I named it Henry. It looks like a Henry to me for some reason. I think it’s a pretty plant. I also think my skirt is really pretty. Put side by side, both the skirt and Henry are really pretty. They are not in competition with each other. They can both equally be pretty. I kind of thought about this in relation to women. Why can’t we all just be pretty? Different kind of pretty but equally pretty. I read somewhere that a flower doesn't compete with other flowers, it just blooms. I challenge all women to just bloom....shine. There is more than one star tinkling in the sky; but each star is equally beautiful.
In other news, I am by default, a worrier. I've found myself worrying about my exams. I keep worrying about my exams. In between my worries, I say a quick passionless prayer. You know, the kind you sometime say to fulfill your Christian obligations. But I have realised from passion-filled prayers and quality time with God that, worrying makes you self-focused instead of God-focused. The only way you ever worry about failing is when you are doing something by yourself and not by His GRACE. So, if you’re a little bit like me in that respect, quit worrying and praying for grace.
It's another Virgos Lounge day on the blog. I paired this oh so famous VL skirt with a simple blouse because the skirt is so serious and fancy, I really just wanted a laid-back look with it. I kinder tweaked the skirt because that slit was just way too high for me. So my mum helped me stitch a pleated chiffon material to it.


OUTFIT DETAILS
Virgos Lounge Skirt
New Look Blouse and Heels
Mak Nissy Bag via Grey Velvet

“No one stands as tall as a Christian on his knees”

Lots of love,

20 yorum:

  1. I agree with you tomi...we can all be pretty but in a different way. We shouldnt be in competition but should appreciate each others beauty...can i ask you something? What would you tell a girl who wants to start a fashion blog but is worried that it will fail?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a quote I read that said "What will you do if you knew you would not fail?" Everytime you embark on something new, there is a itty bityy chance of failure. Don't let that ever stop you. Commit the blog into God's hands. Make sure you are blogging for the right reasons and always be true to yourself. You'll be fine xx

      Delete
  2. And i love the skirt btw....so chic....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tomilola it's so good to see you blogging again!
    I pray that God's grace will see you through your exams. Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look very lovely Tomilola!
    Nice advice! We women need to encourage each other and let one another shine!
    I wish you the very best on your exam

    ReplyDelete
  5. God's got it all under control :)
    Love the outfit, you look so pretty!
    Good to have you back too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your skirt is beautiful
    To anon 3:17 there's nothing to be scared about. Let passion be your driving force not failure. Believe in yourself and don't try to compete with anyone."There is more than one star tinkling in the sky; but each star is equally beautiful"

    www.buzzedbybeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty! I love your skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That skirt is stunning! x
    http://myshekere.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  9. you look chic...love your outfit

    http://www.ann-u.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post. From the outfit to your thoughts, I believe this message was ordained to be communicated to your followers so atleast THAT is God-led.
    Have faith. You've done your best and now it's just left to God to do the rest. Whatever the outcome, be reassured that it is God's purpose coming to fruition and all will be well

    BLEURGH - http://www.bleurghnow.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. That skirt is everything!!!👌

    ReplyDelete
  12. This year it seemed like I worried a lot more with my final year exams at university and juggling work at the same time. it all worked out in the end thanks to God's wonderful grace. I will forever continue to thank him for 2014 especially.
    Love the skirt. It stands out a lot more with the blouse being black :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. This skirt is too fab! Love how you added chiffon fabric to the slit, makes it even more stylish!

    ReplyDelete
  14. A real inspiration.
    Www.funmibisyibde.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I was just thinking...those shoes need a photo shoot of their own !!! Cool

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love how you tweaked the skirt!. its gorgeous.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. i love the trick you did on the skirt, made it look different and very decent and lovely. Well done Tomi.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You named a plant.......you are solo cute.
    And I love your skirt.the pleated thing did it for me.
    And I super love your blog which I just discovered BTW.
    God bless you real good.Oyenike

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you're taking the time out to comment. It really does put a smile on my face ♥